Marshall Investments has an established track record with growth capital investments. Since 2018, the group has originated 7 transactions with a value of circa A$40 million.
Marshall Investments actively partners with companies seeking to raise capital to further their strategic growth. The provision of this capital via debt instruments is significantly less dilutive than raising further equity as it enables the existing company shareholders to preserve equity value and concentrate on business growth.
Growth debt loans, typically have the benefit of a senior secured interest over the assets of the company and the financial covenants on the borrower ensure there is monthly reporting to Marshall Investments so that any issues are identified on a timely basis.
Investment opportunities are based on an established co-investment model that aligns the interests of all stakeholders, including founders, advisers, venture capitalists and other funders, and investors.
If you are a business founder, venture fund or advisor looking for capital, please contact our team today.
We typically consider the following opportunities for growth companies Australia or New Zealand based:
|Loan Size||Term||Business Model|
Loan sizes between
$2m - $15m
12 months - 48 months
|Proven business model and track record of generating recurring revenue|
|Can be pre-profit but with a clear path to profitability||Sector agnostic||
Revenue > $3m
- CURRENT INVESTMENTS
Examples of existing investments in the portfolio include:
- Fluent Commerce is an Australian cloud software company focused on order management for omni-channel retail, servicing large enterprise clients in Australia, UK and Europe. High profile customers include Woolworths, Target, Chanel, Christian Dior and JD Sport
- MI wrote an initial Growth Credit loan of $3.0m to Fluent in February 2019 to act as a bridge loan to a Series B equity raise
- Following the successful Series B raise, MI refinanced the facility to $6.0m with the surplus funds used for growth and working capital purposes
- hipages is Australia’s # 1 online marketplace used to hire tradespeople
- In November 2018, MI wrote a $12.5m Growth Credit Loan to the business, with the funds being used to accelerate revenue growth
- hipages listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in November 2020 and the growth loan was repaid, delivering a strong return to co-investors.
- Established in 2016, Sonder is an on-demand support network. Sonder is purpose built for the urgent and dynamic needs of today’s world. Sonder offers support that’s available 24/7 for situations of high mental stress through to acute mental crisis and in circumstances ranging from preventative safety through to the risk of physical harm. Customers include Woolworths, CBA and University students.
- In June 2020, MI committed a $7m Growth Credit Loan to support the growth and working capital of the business.